Monday, March 20

Winter Storm

A few days ago we had two big snow storms, accumulating over a foot of snow. I like to take pictures of Minnesota's snowy landscape, esp on my new Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 megapixel digital camera (a new toy).

I was driving when I snapped this photo. I love the contrast between the brown, cabin-like siding and white snow. Feels so cozy!



I had to pull over the highway to snap this shot. Beyond the trees is the Mighty Mississippi.



Shot at my mother's property.



A desolate field. That black spot out there is our dog, Buddy.



Eerie trees along Highway 61.



Life withering away...



...but the evergreen is unaffected.



When we take the time to examine the mundane up close, it can reveal itself in new ways you never imagined.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice photos. i love the "eerie trees". And the fact that it looks like a black and white photo...I'm drawn to that.

zena

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Vam Leej said...

thanks, princess! it seems we both appreciate photography. your blog is full of nice photos too, esp of your daughter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home